Archive for News
- Apparatus and vehicles pull out and go to Winston-Salem at 8:30am
- Apparatus and vehicles arriving in Winston-Salem will stage at the BB&T Ballpark located at 951 Ball Park Way, Winston-Salem, NC 27101.
- The procession will begin back to Conover and the order of vehicles will be:
- North Carolina State Highway Patrol Unit
- Catawba County Sheriff’s Deputy
- Catawba County EMS unit
- Newton Fire Department Unit
- Sherrills Ford-Terrell Fire-Rescue
- Long Family Members
- Catawba County Sheriff’s Deputy
- Departments and apparatus that wish to show their respects during this processional are asked to set up on bridges over the processional route. If any apparatus wishes to join in the processional for a short distance may do so by falling in behind the last Catawba County Sheriff’s Deputy’s vehicle.
- Communications for this processional will be conducted on NC VIPER Events Channel Foxtrot-2
A firefighter was killed Monday during a search for a man who went missing on Lake Norman over the weekend. Two other divers were also injured.
Officials have not said exactly what happened during the search, but confirmed that 28-year-old firefighter Bradley Long, who went into the water earlier Monday searching for a missing 29-year-old man, was killed.
Long, who worked at the Newton Fire Department, was a volunteer with Sherrills Ford-Terrell Fire and Rescue. He was working with Sherrills Ford during the search.
Rescue crews have been searching the lake since Sunday afternoon. Officials said the missing swimmer jumped off a boat Sunday with two other people. The boat wasn’t anchored and started to float away. The three tried to swim and catch up with the boat, but the missing man wasn’t able to make it back to the boat.
After suspending the search around 9:30 Sunday evening due to darkness, crews started searching again 8:30 Monday morning.
The names of the divers injured and their conditions have not been released, but officials said they are also from Sherrills Ford-Terrell Fire and Rescue. Officials said they were responsive when they were taken to the hospital.
The search for the missing man was suspended once Long went missing in the water. Officials confirmed the body of the missing man was recovered along with Long.
A firefighter died Saturday evening after helping victims in a car crash, according to the Kenly Fire Department.
Officials say John Morris Davis, Jr., 45, suffered a heart attack after responding to a crash involving an overturned vehicle on Princeton Kenly Road. According to officials, Davis experienced chest pains and was taken to a hospital where he later died.
Davis was a volunteer firefighter at the Kenly Fire Department.
Funeral arrangements are pending for Davis, who is survived by his wife and three children, brother and half-brother.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/kenly-firefighter-dies-after-responding-to-car-crash/15691203/#WMvYCjF4GpR3pb5M.99
RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Eight fallen firefighters from North Carolina were honored in Raleigh, Saturday.
Firefighters from across the state attended the memorial. Since 1902, more than 270 firefighters have been honored. Saturday, eight were remembered, six of them died in 2015………..
View the Video Read More→
Thanks to the Capital Area Fools for the $5,000 donation to the NCFFF. They are a huge supporter of the Foundation and we cannot thank them enough for the support!
Thanks to the Brothers of Inferno, NC, for the donation of $1,900 to the NCFFF. Thanks for the support.